Friday, July 17, 2009

And the winner is....

My daughter and I had a great time this afternoon. Wish you could have been here.

We wanted to be transparent and fair. I was worried about that because there are so many people on these lists that I know and love--those that I have actually met and those who I only know online. I'd have loved to swing this contest for any of you. We had to do it right and cut up all the names and put them in a hat. My daughter helped and she drew the names (note the 4th of July fingernail decor.) We used her Easter bonnet. She made quite a show of it--making sure they were all stirred up well in between drawings.

If you saw my twitter posts this afternoon, you saw that there is no good way to get a list of fans out of facebook. GenealogyWise did something right on that account--I just printed the list there. But for Facebook I ended up transcribing them to be able to make the slips. I learned a couple of things again
  1. I was overwhelmed at the number of supportive people we have for this company. Thank you all so much for appreciating what we do.
  2. I was overwhelmed at the good friends we have made. Again--we so love genealogists.
  3. Reflecting back, I was overwhelmed at how many people we have helped print and display their genealogy research already. I am so passionate about that, and grateful to be doing something every day that I believe is so important.
  4. And finally--My Mom-though my friend on facebook,isn't a fan :-) Ok. She just got back from a month in Europe Tuesday, and really it wouldn't have looked very good if she had won, but we'll have to rectify that. She is a genealogist, and she certainly has been happy with some charts we have done for her. Good grief.
So. To the part you have been waiting for.....without further rambling...(but that's what geneabloggers are supposed to do)....The Winners Are:

$25 gift certificate from GenealogyWise Generation Maps group: Kathryn Doyle

$25 gift certificate from Facebook Generation Maps group: Diana Wilkes
$25 gift certificate from Facebook Generation Maps group: Fran Jensen
$25 gift certificate from Facebook Generation Maps group: Debbie Starr Jackson
$25 gift certificate from Facebook Generation Maps group: Tami Glatz

and the winner of the $100 gift certificate from both groups is: Dae Powell. He writes the ShoeString Genealogy Blog. I can't wait to get to know him better.

Congratulations.

I've alerted each of these people on their respective pages. Go congratulate them as well.

And we are going to do some more fun offers in these groups so stay tuned. In fact lets start with one now. (I was telling my best friend the week before we decided to start this company that I could never run my own company, because if I didn't believe in what we were doing, I couldn't promote it, and if I did, I would want to give it away.)
So...The first 2 people to email me at janetgenerationmaps.com with their mailing address will win a free blank genealogy chart.

Just doing our part to help the genealogy community.
Thanks to all our friends for the great summer we have had. Let us know if we can print you any other charts.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No way! Really? I am flabbergasted! How kewl izzat?

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Happy Dae·
http://ShoeStringGenealogy.com

Janet Hovorka said...

You can stop sending emails now on the blank chart offer. Becky Jamison and Anita Payne won. Sharp eyes ladies. Thanks for all your entries everyone. We'll keep you posted on the next contest. I'm sure we'll do another one soon--they are just too fun.
Janet

my Heritage Happens said...

Congrats to all!

Kathryn Doyle said...

Wow! Thanks, Janet! I never win anything so this is quite unexpected. I'll be looking at your site to explore the possibilities!