Well first--How does FREE sound?
We decided to do something fun with this application and let you go ahead and use it with your printer at home. So when you order an 8.5x11 the pricing is FREE. You just go through the order process, and instead of getting a chart in the mail, a save screen comes up like this:
You just save the .jpg file(good quality file) to your computer and then you can print it or use it however you want. I can think of all sorts of uses for beautiful 8.5x11 charts. Scrapbooking, Family History Books, lots of things. How are you going to use it?
Then, with 16x20, 20x24, 24x30, 24x36, 30x40, and 36x48 we knew that most people don't have large plotters and printers at home, so we wanted to make it as easy as possible to make larger charts as well. Luckily, we're a printing company (that works out well ;-). So we can take care of that for you. You just click the order button, fill out your information and lickety split, the chart arrives in your mail rolled in a tube.
And because we are a printing company we can give you 8 options for different types of paper.
- --20lb Bond Paper. A bond paper that is about as heavy as typing paper. It is not archival, perfect for research charts that are going to be written on and added to. Not heavy enough for good picture quality. Imprecise color.
- --24lb Presentation Paper. A quality presentation paper that is about as heavy as typing paper. It is archival, bright white, UV coated, perfect for charts with decorative elements.
- --40lb Professional Paper. A quality presentation paper that is about as heavy as cardstock paper. It is archival, bright white, UV coated, perfect for charts with decorative elements.
- --Glossy Photo Paper. An archival 80lb heavy glossy photo paper. The gloss makes photos appear crisp and clear. Printed with archival inks.
- --Parchment Paper. An archival 60 lb cardstock weight paper. Antique looking with a marbled beige color. Not particularly good for photos as the marbling shows through the image. Only available up to 24x36 inches wide.
- --Vinyl Banner Medium weight vinyl, suitable for outdoor use. (I have seen it used for tablecloths and placemats.)
- --Artist Grade Canvas. A heavy matte archival artist's canvas. The canvas giclee printing process is the same archival quality as a fine art reproduction from an art gallery. A rich, beautiful medium for a classic looking genealogy chart. The light texture helps lower quality antique pictures look cleaner.
- --Stretched Canvas. Artist Grade Canvas above, stretched on stretcher bars like a piece of art. Ready to hang.
And then... As always with any genealogy chart Generation Maps prints, any extra copies are 1/2 price. Yep, always been that way here. Then, you can create charts for your brothers and sisters, Mom and Dad, favorite Aunt, partner in crime Cousin. Great gifts that mean something, inspire your family with your family's heritage, and helps encourage other genealogists in the family.
And we keep you informed of the pricing while you create your chart, with a handy little box down in the right corner. So you'll always know what you are getting into. Great genealogy charts at great prices.